Serving Size: 4 | Cook Time: 60 min
- 32 oz Beef Bone Broth
- 4 large beets (about 3 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 cups carrots (peeled and coined)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Orange zest or 2 Tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Chop both ends of the beet and wrap in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or until beets are easily peeled. Let cool 10 minutes. Use foil to remove skin from Beet.*
- In a dutch oven, sauté onions and carrots over medium heat for 5 minutes; stirring often.
- Add beets, salt, and beef bone broth. Bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Add orange juice and mix well.
- Serve topped with orange zest. Enjoy!