Serving Size: 4 | Cook Time: 90 min.
- 2 Pouches Osso Good Chicken Bone Broth
- 3 tbs ghee*
- 6 oz carrots (cubed)
- 6 oz celery (diced)
- 1/2 onion (finely minced)
- 3 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 lb** chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 4 oz box long grain & wild rice (herb & butter flavor)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cornstarch Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Reserve 1/4 cup of bone broth and add cornstarch to make a slurry. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, add ghee, carrots, celery and onion.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender and onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, water, heavy cream, shredded chicken and bouillon. Mix until combined.
- Let the soup to simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the long grain & wild rice and the contents of the flavor packet into the soup and stir.
- Let the soup simmer for an additional 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Next, pour cornstarch slurry into the soup mixture and stir.
- Cook until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper. **Weight before being cooked