Serving Size: 4 | Cook Time: 1 hr + 2 hrs simmer time
- 32 oz. Beef or Chicken Bone Broth (2 pouches)
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 cup green/red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- 2.5 lb chicken thighs (bone-in)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 c parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 c green onions (chopped)
- Rice (2 Tbsp ghee)
- 1 pouch Osso Good bone broth
- 2 cups white rice (throw it all into the rice cooker)
- In a cast iron skillet, add 1 Tbsp ghee and cook andouille sausage until browned on each side, about 8 minutes. Set aside. Once cooled, slice lengthwise and then in 1/2 ” slices. In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp ghee and cook chicken thighs until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Add remaining ghee and flour and stir slowly and constantly over medium heat, about 15 minutes until it turns a dark brown color, like chocolate.
- Add onions, celery, and peppers; stirring for 8 minutes. Add sausage, bay leaves, salt, and cayenne. Add the Osso Good bone broth and stir well. Bring to a boil and then simmer over medium low heat for 1 hour; stir occasionally. Add chicken thighs. Simmer for 1 hour; stir occasionally.
- Remove chicken thighs, and shred with 2 forks. Discard bones and skin. Simmer over low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add parsley and green onions.
- Serve over rice.