Serving Size: 4 | Cook Time: 1.5 hrs
- 3 Pouches Osso Good Beef Bone Broth
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 onions (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup red wine (about 1/2 bottle)
- 3 heaping tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 baguette (sliced)
- 1/2 pound grated Gruyere
- Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, and salt and pepper and cook until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Add the wine, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the wine has reduced, about 10 minutes. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Dust the onions with the flour and give them a stir. Turn the heat down to medium low so the flour doesn't burn, and cook for 10 minutes to cook out the raw flour taste.
- Now add the broth, bring the soup back to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. When you're ready to eat, ladle in bowl with shredded cheese on top. Serve the baguette slices with butter.