Serving Size: 4 | Cook Time: 30 min.
- 2 Pouches Osso Good Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tablespoon olive
- coconut or other neutral cooking oil
- 1 can white cannellini or great northern beans
- ½ white onion (chopped)
- 3 ribs of celery (chopped)
- 3 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced) (or 1 – 1 ½ tablespoons pre-minced)
- One big bunch of kale (leaves torn and stems removed)
- 1 – 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauce pan or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, and carrots and sauté until beginning to soften, 5-6 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper and sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Meanwhile, rinse and drain the beans.
- Add in the chicken stock, rinsed and drained beans and continue to cook until beans and vegetables are softened.
- Add in the torn kale leaves and any additional water necessary to thin out the soup — for a thicker soup, omit the water. Finish with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
- Note: Soup can be frozen prior to adding the kale.
- To serve, warm over the stove and add the kale once the soup is hot. Cook until kale is wilted, 5-6 additional minutes.