Serving Size: 4-6 | Cook Time: 40 min+ roasting time
- 16 oz. Spicy Pork bone broth
- 5 lbs Pork Shoulder
- 1 Medium Organic Onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped OR 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes)
- 1 1/4 Tbsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Organic Orange (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp Oregano (dried)
- 2 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Small Red Onion (minced)
- 1 Green Onion (sliced)
- Cotija Cheese (crumbled)
- 2 Large Organic Sweet Potatoes (sliced about 1/4″ thick)
- Rinse and dry pork shoulder, rub with salt and pepper.
- Combine Oregano, Cumin, and Olive Oil then rub all over pork.
- Place pork in a slow cooker (fat cap up), top with onion, jalapeño, garlic, squeezed orange juice, and Osso Good Bone Broth.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 6 hours.
- Slice Sweet Potatoes, about 1/4″ thick. Rub with coconut oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Bake for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees, until just browned.
- Chop the red and green onion. Set aside.
- The meat should be tender and falling off the bone. Remove from the slow cooker and let cool slightly. Then shred the pork using two forks.
- Reduce the pork juices in a sauce pan, or leave as is to pour over tacos like a gravy.
- Place shredded pork in pan, sauté until crispy.