Serving Size: 4-6 | Cook Time: 1 hr
- 1 Cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 4 medium acorn squash (cut in half lengthwise
- seeds scooped out)
- 2 lb. pork sausage (casings removed and sugar free)
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 large honey crisp apple (cored and sliced into bite sized pieces)
- 4 c fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F.
- Drizzle olive oil over acorn squash and roast skin up for 35 minutes, or until the squash feels tender when pressed.
- Meanwhile, sautéed onions and garlic in ghee in large skillet. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring often. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Add sausage, breaking it up with the back of a large wooden spoon. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan by adding Osso Good bone broth to the skillet, and bring up any bits stuck to the pan with the large wooden spoon.
- Add the apple, rosemary, and thyme. Stir well. Add spinach, mixing as it wilts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour stuffing into cooked acorn squash. Increase temp to 425 degrees F and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!